La Marzocco KB90
The KB90 is the ultimate evolution of the Linea PB form. Designed to optimize the workflow for the barista in the world's busiest bars by improving the ergonomics and features of the machine. The KB90 is named for our Board Chairman, Kent Bakke. 20 years ago, Kent imagined one of the most exciting new features of the KB90, the Straight-in Portafilter. Kent has always seen La Marzocco's mission to create machines that make the lives of the barista easier and more efficient, and the KB90 embodies this philosophy.
Features & Benefits
- Straight-in portafilter
- Designed to simplify the motions required to engage the portafilter and reduce the strain by 12 times on the barista for even greater performance and everyday usability. High volume coffee environments demand that a barista can work fast and efficiently to produce drinks during busiest periods of the day. The Straight-In Portafilter can noticeably mitigate the repetitive stress injuries occurring through its ease of action improving the natural workflow and output of barista.
- Auto steam flush
- After each extraction, a burst of steam from the steam boiler purges the brew path and is followed by a flush of hot water, keeping the group clean even during the busiest hours. This innovative function minimizes coffee residue in the group, and reduces the number of times baristas need to back flush during service.
- Auto brew ratio with drip prediction
- Precision scales incorporated into the drip tray improve beverage consistency by stopping the extraction based on mass. The machine uses an algorithm called Drip Prediction to improve shot accuracy and ease of dialing in.
- Performance touch steam wands
- High performing steam wands that are cool to the touch.
- Dual boiler system
- Separate boilers optimize espresso brewing and steam production.
- Independent brew boilers
- Separate boilers for each group head allow barista to optimize temperature for individual coffees.
- PID temperature controller
- Allows you to electronically control coffee and steam boiler temperature.
- Saturated group design
- Ensure unsurpassed thermal stability, shot after shot.
- Thermal stability system
- Brew water is pre-heated before entering the boiler for increased temperature stability.
- auto-volumetric and auto-volumetric with scales (ABR)