La Marzocco GB5
Released in 2005, the GB5 features the Thermal Stability System, which was designed in response to the demand for better temperature stability in the industry. Equipped with a CPU board, the GB5 combines gracious lines and harmonious curves with powerful technological advancements, in line with classic La Marzocco design and spirit. This was the machine used in the World Barista Championship from 2005 to 2009, and was named for Piero Bambi's wife, Giovanna Bambi. The machine is an understated companion to any coffee bar.
Features & Benefits
- Temperature stability
- A dynamic preheater assembly ensures that water entering the coffee boiler is at precisely 170 degrees. 170-degree water replaces the hot water exiting the group, reducing temperature swings in the coffee boiler. An algorithm-based PID temperature controller further reduces temperature fluctuation in the coffee boiler.
- A group cap designed by Piero Bambi and an integrated ruby flow restrictor reduces channeling and ensures that water never leaves the saturated area of the coffee boiler; this eliminates the introduction of temperature instability during the brewing process.
- Dual boilers
- Separate boilers optimize espresso brewing and steam production.
- Saturated groups
- Ensure unsurpassed thermal stability, shot after shot.
- Hot water economizer
- Enables you to fine-tune the tap water temperature for rinsing.
- Dual PID (coffee & steam)
- Allows you to electronically control coffee & steam boiler temperatures.
- Ruby flow restrictors
- Ruby flow restrictors resist scale formation and erosion.
- Thermal stability system
- As water passes through each element, temperature is further stabilized.
- LCD interface and shot timers
- Intuitive programming makes it easy to adjust machine parameters.
- Semi-Automatic (EE), Auto-Volumetric (AV).